fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 5, Issue 18

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Thu Jul 22 16:20:43 UTC 2004

fedora-legacy-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Stuart Low wrote:
>
>>I don't have a RH8 system and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't
>>recommend running a RH8 production system.
>

> Why not?
>

>>From memory also Fedora Legacy has discontinued supporting RH8 directly.
>

> Is there any official announcement to this effect? The fedoralegacy.org
> website still says RH8 is supported, although I have not seen any RH8
> updates for some time. http://fedoralegacy.org/about/faq.php
>
> If it is no longer supported by fedoralegacy then the website should
> probably be updated to reflect that official policy.

I have the same concern about 7.2. I recall some messages to the effect
that 7.2 support would be dropped but never any official word. The
outcome greatly affects my upgrade plans. Please advise.

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark at foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/