RH7.1->RH7.2

Michael Kratz mkratz at internode.com.au
Tue Jul 27 00:39:29 UTC 2004

Well i did it last night, I bit the bullet and did the yum upgrade.

The only issues I had were:

when installing authconfig got this:
warning: group lock does not exist - using root

I added lock group to my /etc/group manually, but didnt alter authconfig

I had to remove the "sa" files too because they were generating errors
for some reason.

I also had to remove the stuff from automount (/misc stuff) it was
causing errors too.

But after I did all that, I ran lilo again just to make sure the kernel
was in, then rebooted the box and prayed... it came back, no problems since.

John Dalbec wrote:

>>> I'm planning to go 7.1 > 7.2 > 7.3
>

> The only 7.1->7.3 gotchas I've noticed:
> After upgrading glibc (which I did before anything else), I had to
> restart SSH the next morning because initgroups() had stopped working.
>
> After upgrading identd, PostgreSQL ident authentication stopped working
> because the default was changed to encrypt the account name.  I reversed
> the change and all was well.  (Of course it took me several hours of
> downtime to figure out what the problem was because I had upgraded a
> number of packages at once.)
>
> After upgrading lilo, remember to re-run it!  Make sure you have an
> up-to-date boot floppy just in case.  I guess I could have used the
> rescue CD if the box in question had had a more recent CD-ROM drive.
> Instead I had to play "guess which partition is /" (no, I didn't have
> that written down anywhere).
> John
>

> --

Michael Kratz
Internode Systems Pty Ltd
http://www.internode.on.net/

Level 3 / 132 Grenfell St.        Phone: (08) 8228 2999
PO Box 153 Rundle Mall               or:   1300 788 233
Adelaide, Sth Aust 5000             Fax: (08) 8235 6999