Red Hat 9 Updates

Timothy TAKEMOTO nospam2 at nihonbunka.com
Thu Jun 3 00:27:41 UTC 2004

Thank you all for the recent postings, some of which I think I
was able to understand a little. I am a linux nincompoop.

I think I understand that the academic packs for commercial RH
models are not too expensive. $50 is not a lot to pay for a server.
But I wonder if it will be in fact $50 a year?

I think I understand that the time between the disclosure of a
security issue and the time that a kind volunteer fixes it is not fast.
These CAN nos are security issues, and there are still no updates
for RH9.

I think I understand that at present there are issues with CVS
(concurrent or current versioning systems?) and perhaps other things
but as yet no one can break into a bog standard RH9 web server
(assuming that there are no problems with the ftp/httpd software).

I wonder how often users of FBSD are updating their servers.

Tim