does fedoralegacy depend on fedora.us?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 7 22:35:15 UTC 2004

Quoting Joe Pruett <joey at clean.q7.com>:

> since there still isn't an official apt or yum for fedora legacy on rh9
> boxes, we are instructed to use the fedora.us version.

Not sure if you are instructed to use it, but I tried to provide instructions
should you choose to use it.

> further, we are
> only instructed to add the fedoralegacy.org url to the sources.list file
> and not to comment out the fedora.us urls (or the macromedia ones in
> sources.list.d).

Probably an oversight.  Care to provide an updated description of what
to do?

>  is this an oversight in the docs (like not telling us to
> install the fedora legacy key)?

Sounds like it.  I wrote them in a hurry, and without testing them.

>  or are you relying on the other rpms that
> fedora.us would install (10 packages that i see via apt-get -s upgrade)?

No, they are not needed or even desired.

> i have assumed this is an oversight and not installed the fedora.us rpms,
> but clarification would be good, as well as updating the docs.

I think it is all just oversights on my part, and any help updating the
docs would be appreciated.

--
Eric Rostetter