8.0 packages to QA

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 7 23:39:37 UTC 2004

Quoting Paul Heinlein <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu>:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Johnny Strom wrote:
>
>> So to fix this I porpose that we setup a "what needs to be done
>> list" that is sent out every second week or so, any thoughts on that?
>
> It would be *so* nice to have something like that or, if it already
> exists, a bugzilla URL that will accomplish the same thing. If the
> latter, I'd happy write up a bash/wget script that people can use in
> their own cron jobs.

There is a web link to the bugzilla stuff, but it isn't as useful as
a clear, detailed email would be since the subject line is often
inaccurate, etc.

> Part of the problem -- and this is merely a description, not a gripe,
> and it's certainly not directed at Jesse, who's put in way more work
> than anyone should expect -- is that it's difficult to find the time
> to figure out what needs doing. I'd happily Q/A more packages, but
> doing so requires (afaict) lots of bugzilla spelunking, and I'm still
> never sure if I've got it all.

Sometimes it does indeed.  Some of the bugzilla subjects only mention e.g.
RH 7.3, but then the entry also addresses RH 8.0, but how to know that
without reading each entry in full?  That makes things difficult...

> I realize that it requires lots of labor hours to make nifty
> interfaces and current web pages -- but that's my view from the cheap
> seats.

Yes, but it does pay off in increased community participation.

> --Paul Heinlein <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu>
>

> --

Eric Rostetter