Kernel package status

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 01:44:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 11:16:29PM -0400, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
 > On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 20:44, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
 > > Possibly not a very critical bug (I do not know that really)
 > > but a bug nevertheless.  It does not look that regs.len is
 > > used very extensively.  Presumably it is set in a preceding
 > > copy_from_user() call and not used really in any other place.
 >
 > Ethtool is expecting bytes there, so it looks to me that the revised
 > patch is necessary for "ethtool -d" to return correct data...

This was the reason I changed it in the Fedora kernel.
The version of the patch you have was in the fedora kernel for
a while too, I silently fixed it up in the next revision
(as it only hit -testing). Looks like you picked it up before
I fixed it up.  Good job someone was paying attention 8)
In future, I'll try and give you a heads up if I change something
like that again without making extra changelog entries.

		Dave