openssl update

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Mar 17 17:58:10 UTC 2004

Openssl.org announced an update today.  However, when looking at the
advisories, it seems that the openssl that is in RHL 7.2-8.0 is not
effected. (0.9.6b-*)  Since it is widely known that Red Hat's openssl
packages do backport bugfixes, it makes me wonder if perhaps the code
that has a problem in the 0.9.6c-l, and 0.9.7 releases of openssl might
have been backported to Red Hat's 0.9.6b.  I haven't a lot of time
today to go digging into this, but would one of you be willing to
examine the changes openssl.org made, to see if the code exists in Red
Hat's 0.9.6b packages?  I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!

Was I helpful?  Let others know: