RH9 user - what should I do?

Mike Vanecek fedoraleg_form at mm-vanecek.cc
Thu May 13 18:59:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:04:18 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote
> On Thu, 13 May 2004 10:16:22 -0500, Mike Vanecek wrote:
>
> > >* If you don't want any of the Fedora.us add-ons for Red Hat Linux 9,
> > >disable the [fedora-stable] entry in the lower half of /etc/yum.conf.
> >
> > What are Fedora.us add-ons for RH 9?
>
> Extras packages not included in Red Hat Linux 9. Browse the redhat/9
> repositories at http://fedora.us
>
> > Why would I want or not want them?
>
> Decide yourself. You would avoid downloading additional headers,
> for instance. ;)

OK.

I took a look at

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/yum/stable/RPMS/.

Were those packages created for RH 9 or for Fedora XX? I thought all the
fedora stuff was to support the fedora core? However, the numbering on the
packages could lead one to think that they are created for RH 9.

In any event, I think I will leave them out for a while until I get a little
better feel for fedora-legacy. I noticed that the rpms for chkrootkit and
leafnode are not current. I suspect that will probably be the case for the
extras I have installed for original sources.