fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 24

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 21 02:31:55 UTC 2004

Quoting Jonathan Crowe <jcrowe at sagesys.net>:

> Even though it would be nice to not have to upgrade the FC1 machines
> until FC2 has been around for a while (and through several rounds of bug
> fixes), they are, after all, not servers.

First, that is the whole foundation of FL.

Second, a lot of people are running FC1 on servers (for better or for
worse).

> Even through it has been solid for me on the desktop, when it came out
> FC1 was billed as an unstable release.

Red Hat engineers have been pretty sworn that it was a stable option
for servers on every mailing list I've been on where the topic came up.

>  I suspect that for the most
> part people have not installed it on servers.

While I wish that was true, it isn't.  Many small shops are running
it on servers.

--
Eric Rostetter