How To Upgrade 7.1 to 7.3 via yum

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Fri May 21 15:29:55 UTC 2004

Hi,
Would this be of use to anyone?
I had written up a web page on how to upgrade Fermi Linux 7.1.1 to Fermi Linux
  7.3.1 for our users when we were dropping 7.1.1.  All it needed was for me
to take out the Fermi stuff, point to the correct yum, and I think everything
is correct.
The web page is at
http://www-oss.fnal.gov/projects/fermilinux/common/tips/Upgrade_RH71_to_RH73_via_yum.html
though if someone wanted to take it and put it in the Fedora Legacy pages,
that is fine.
If no-one finds they need this, then I won't put any more effort into it.
Someone needs to at least verify step 5, to find out if there is a kernel
problem in the real RedHat release, since our Fermi Linux was customized slightly.

If people want something similar to this for going from 7.2 to 7.3, ... well,
since you only have to yank out step 5, it should be rather easy to write.

Hope this helps some folks
Troy

Troy Dawson  dawson at fnal.gov  (630)840-6468