State of 7.2/8.0 in Fedora Legacy - compromise?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 21 15:47:33 UTC 2004

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> put out a 7.2 and an 8.0 package most often I have to do
> the work myself, and that can take too long.

I guess then unless someone volunteers to be the main 7.2 or 8.0 packager,
we have no choice but to kill them.  We can't ask Jesse to do this in
addition to all the other stuff he does.

I'll gladly QA test 7.2 and 8.0 stuff, but I don't have the time to do the
packages.  If no one else steps up asap to take on one of these, then I
guess they should be dropped.

> When I took over this
> project it was with the caveat that I am not a developer, but a project
> manager.

That seems reasonable.

> 8.0 is even worse than 7.2.

Personally I'd rather see us drop 7.2 and keep 8.0, simply because 7.2 is
a dot release/update rather than a major release like 8.0 was.  I just
think the project will look better if we maintain a version of each major
release.  But if no one steps up to do the work, then I guess we need to
drop them.

> - --
> Jesse Keating RHCE	(http://geek.j2solutions.net)
> Fedora Legacy Team	(http://www.fedoralegacy.org)