[FLSA-2004:1804] Updated kernel resolves security vulnerabilities

Oisin Curtin Oisin.Curtin at PhoenixFltOps.com
Thu Nov 4 18:26:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 06:43, Heikki Kortti wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
>

>>Please note that this update is also available via yum and apt.  Many
>>people find this an easier way to apply updates.  To use yum issue:
>>
>>yum update
>
>Hasn't anyone noticed that this does not really work for kernel packages?
>Yum 2.0.7-1 shows that the kernel update is available (with check-update),
>but "yum update" results in yum pulling up a blank:

It also failed for me on cvs.

I had manually downloaded the kernel update and installed it with rpm.
For cvs I tried asking yum to remove the package then install it.  That
worked well, but I wouldn't want to try it with the kernel!  :-)

I found that cvs was not up-to-date by checking the installed version of
all the packages listed on the legacy download site.  Other latecomers
to the legacy service might need to do the same.

--
Oisin  "Is that a Colonel, Bug?"  Curtin