lslR in the download tree

Oisin Curtin Oisin.Curtin at PhoenixFltOps.com
Thu Nov 4 19:58:43 UTC 2004

Lutz Birkhahn wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>>I just put this up today, wanted to get opinions of the list before I made
>>it a link and incorporated it into my upload scripts.

> The tree looks nice!! *But*: I personally think a "find . -print" would be
> more useful. The problem is that the tree only has the file name in every
> line, not the whole path.
[snip]

I agree.  And a lot less work, too.

> If you go to the root directory and do a "find . -print" (or optionally a
> "find . -ls" if you want all the file attributes as well, equivalent to the
[snip]

`find -print` doesn't give enough info and `find -ls` gives too much.

How about...

	find -ls|cut -c13,23,70-

This gives the file type, one space, the pathname and link targets.

--
Oisin  "l money/Canada/2_cents -> ../../USA/1.64_cents"  Curtin