Self-Introduction: Nathan Ehresman

Nathan Ehresman nehresma at css.tayloru.edu
Tue Nov 16 17:07:56 UTC 2004

Hello folks,

I'd like to participate in this project.  :)  Okay, here's the formal info
the web page asks for:

1. Full Legal name:
  Nathan Ehresman

2. Location:
  Upland, IN  USA

3. Profession or Student status:
  Assistant Computing and Resource Manager

4. Company or School:
  Computer and System Sciences department of Taylor University

5. Goals:
 - I'm interested in working with the Fedora Legacy project, in particular
   on support for Red Hat 9.  We run lots of Red Hat 9 boxen and as such I
   am very keen on having security patches for our software available.
 - I am not very interested on doing QA work because of time constraints.

6. Historical qualifications:
Hmm.  I am not too fond of talking myself up but as this was requested here
goes.

Projects I've worked on in the past:
  - Co-founded the SquirrelMail project with my brother back in the fall of
    1999.
  - Worked on the Centrallix application server and created a rough proof
    of concept IDE for it called bojangles.
  - Added reverse connections (server to client) for the Unix
    implementation of VNC summer of 2000.  Submitted it to the list but as
    far as I am aware of it was never put into the main tree.
  - Added better logging of LDAP connection attempts that fail over to a
    slave OpenLDAP server to Samba.  Submitted to samba-devel but was not
    put into tree.
  - Implemented PAM support for CVS several years ago that is used
    internally by our university.  Since there were other implemenations
    available I never posted patches to the list.

Computer langauges/skills:
  - Been using Linux since 1996.
  - I've been administering a network of 65 Linux clients and 8 servers for
    the past 3 years.
  - I worked for 2 years doing full time Java client development.
  - I know C, C++, Perl, Bash, Java, etc.

Why should you trust me?
Through work, I have a vested interest in maintaining support for Red Hat
9.

Thanks for listening.

Nathan Ehresman
http://www.css.tayloru.edu/~nehresma/