Need a working 7.3 yum repository

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Nov 19 15:02:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 09:55 -0500, Christian Call wrote:
> OK... I have a Red Hat Linux 7.3 installation (2.4.18-3), and I need to get a set of updates for it.
>
> The yum repository at fedoralegacy is broken, and when I try to update from there I get error messages about interdependencies that can't be resolved (involving mozilla stuff).
>
> The yum repository at Duke is broken:  When I try to update from there, I get a message that the signature check failed for XFree86-xf86cfg-4.2.1-13.73.23-i386.rpm.
>
> So far, I've been unable to locate another yum repository for Red Hat 7.3.
>
> Can anyone point me toward one?
>
> Alternatively, would it be possible to fix the fedoralegacy repository?  (I'll join the Duke list and post there about that problem as well).

What is the dependency failure you're seeing from fedora legacy?

The mirror at duke is just a stock rhl 7.3 mirror, it's not being
updated anymore.

the reason you're getting a signature check failure is probably b/c you
don't have the gpg public keys imported. Check the fedoralegacy webpage
for how to do that.

-sv