[RH9] impossible to mount eth0 under VMware

Peter Cain p.cain at phasefale.com.au
Sun Nov 21 23:59:34 UTC 2004

This is an issue with VMware and is covered in they're knowledge base.
Putting 'dhcp' into the knowledge base search gets you the answer.

http://www.vmware.com/support/kb/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=tBh2I5rh&p_lva=&p_faqid=977&p_created=1050435523&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTIwJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZGhjcCZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPTcmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9wcm9kX2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9jYXRfbHZsMT1_YW55fiZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPX5hbnl_JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

AlilouLinux wrote:

> Hello the list,
> I installed Red Hat 9 (the same problem exist within fedora) under Windows
> with the assistance of the VMware software.
> I encountered a problem: The network card  eth0 does not be mounted. Even
> when I test the software of the network management.
> The system give me the following messages:
>     Mounting eth0: failed
>     It is impossible to activate eth0
>     definition of IP information for eth0 failed. No link is found. Check
> the cable?
>
> Whereas when I leave the VMware software (return under Windows), the
> network
> exists. Do you have a solution or explanations? Thank you

Peter Cain
Senior Programmer
Phasefale Pty Ltd