Round-up, 2004-11-28

Rob Myers rob.myers at gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 30 15:00:54 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 20:36, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> --- Jesse eating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:
> > Other than the account, what is too complex?
>
> IMO, The bug system itself.  That, and the steps involved in completely
> understanding WHAT needs to be tested and having/maintaining a stable (but not
> production) system to test the fix on.  Oh yeah, also having enough faith to
> trust that others have *really* and *solidly* tested what they are labeling
> resolved.

the process requires many independent checks before an update is
released.  this robust process is designed to ensure that
vulnerabilities are resolved in a solid fashion.  in time the FL
community will prove itself, and people will have the same "faith" in it
that they have in other community projects.

> I think FL has just grown too fast and is trying to do too much.

i disagree.  i think FL needs to grow faster.  it needs to have more
involvement.  more people submitting patched packages.  more people
QA'ing those packages.  and more people verifying those packages.

please contribute.  if anyone gets hung up on something that is too
complex please ask for help on the mailing list or on irc.

rob.