Yum and RPM's hang after install of Apache and cups on FC 1

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Tue Oct 5 16:16:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > Preparing...
> >
> > And then it hangs.
>
> > Gilbert Sebenste
>
> So it seems to be an RPM problem. Stop all rpm processes and then run
>
> 1) rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.00?
> 2) rpm --rebuilddb
>
> Then rerun commands with rpm showing that it works again properly.

I did step 1. When I did step 2, it hangs! Wow. I don';t know what to do.
I've never had a meltdown of rpm like this. Should I just uninstall it
and then reinstall it? Hmmm. I need to find out where it is if I do
this, but that shouldn't take much time.

I can say that it hangs because the job time just increases, instead of
showing "0:00".

E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***