[OT?] bugzilla and... (sigh) spam

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Wed Oct 20 14:49:01 UTC 2004

On 20.10.04 15:53, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 03:48:05PM +0200, Barbara Pennacchi wrote:
> > Is there a way to ask (nicely) abovesaid bugzilla's maintainers to set
> > it ASAP to hide email addresses from harvesters?
>
> File a bug in bugzilla -- there's a bugzilla product there.
> <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Bugzilla&>

I don't think it is either the right bugzillasite (AFAIK redhat doesn't
have much to do anymore with fedoralegacy except for telling 'em when it's
time to take charge of EOL'ed distros ;) nor it is a bug.

I checked on www.bugzilla.org (linked from bugzilla.fedora.us v.2.16.2)
and they're at 2.16.6 (stable version). From what I could find they've put
email munging in one of the later versions (couldn't find which one -- too
much loss of caffeine)

> > What bugs me is that probably my email address is now "fried". Sheesh.
> :(
>
> Well, if it's the one you're using to post to this list, take
> consolation in the fact that since it's a public list, that was going to
> happen eventually anyway.

Yes, it is the same I use to post here, but I sincerely doubt it for the
following reasons:
that "The subscribers list is only available to the list members." and web
archives of this mailing list have email addresses munged off (checked 'em
as a normal luser wandering around without logging in :).

So I have to find out whoever's in charge of bugzilla.FEDORA.US (not
redhat.com) and email him/her/it to please upgrade bugzilla to a mail-
munging one :)

|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |