Is there a guide or howto on 7.2 ==> 7.3 overall upgrade?

Andres Adrover Kvamsdal listas at andreso.net
Tue Oct 26 11:08:40 UTC 2004

> Could someone point me to some sort of guide on how to go about turning a
> 7.2 system into a 7.3?  (Far enough to be able to use 7.3 updates,
> anyway.)  Thanks very much.

I upgraded a RH 7.2 system to RH 7.3 by downloading from the fedora site
   the 7.3 redhat release rpm and upgrading it.  I then executed yum
upgrade.   I still have to upgrade the kernel.  I believe yum installs
(as opposed to upgrade) the new kernel.

> I prefer to handle packages one-by-one, and would thus prefer to see these
> commands in the one-package form with the applicable package name.
> Otherwise I need to dig out the package name from the advisory title or
> the RPM links (sometimes harder than it sounds, if there are version
> numbers built in) or face up to building an exception list.

If you want to upgrade the packages one by one just download them
manually from the fedora site.  Yum can probably be configured to just
download and to keep the rpms in its spool directory.