installing yum

David Anthrope David at DAnthrope.com
Sun Oct 31 21:02:11 UTC 2004

I have an RH9 system that I want to configure to use yum
(which I want to auto-update my system with Fedora Legacy's updates).

I am reading intently, beginning with the setup How-To at
http://fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-rh9.php

which claims in step 2

To install yum, use the following command as the root user on your machine:
# rpm -ivh
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1
.rh90.noarch.rpm

Unfortunately my system is responding with the following error:

Retrieving
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1
.rh90.noarch.rpm
error: skipping
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1
.rh90.noarch.rpm - transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error

I tried to poke around and find the package manually but to no avail.

Can some kind soul PLEASE point me to the proper place?

Regards,
--
David Anthrope
mailto://David@DAnthrope.com