Let's get moving

Tom Yates madlists at teaparty.net
Sat Sep 4 07:11:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 15:51, David Botsch wrote:
>> Who is currently responsible for doing this? And who has permissions to
>> delegate this off to a few other people?
>
> That would be Jesse Keating.

perhaps we should ask jesse how we might best help share the load?  maybe
having one person with final authority on the release process is no bad
thing - i know that none of the stuff i've installed so far has been
anything but fine - but maybe that person shouldn't have to be doing
loads of other stuff as well.

i feel we're a little to quick to re-engineer this process.  it's not like
it's broken, it's just painfully slow.  can anyone inside it identify
major rate-limiting steps that people can help with, and point to
documentation on how to do it?  if there's no doco, *please* say so, i'll
jump through the hoops and write some up (if it's about something i can
do, which doesn't include making new packages).

--

   Tom Yates
   Cambridge, UK.