Let's get moving

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 7 22:02:38 UTC 2004

Quoting Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li>:

> I was referring to packages not being moved from updates-testing to
> updates, in particular. That's something that only Jesse can handle
> currently. Seeing the work I've put in sit in a limbo discourages me
> from continuing. It's not a direct result of lack of development, but an
> infrastructure problem. That's why I phrased it the way I did.
>
> Dominic.

My understanding, which may be wrong, is they sit in updates-testing
until they get publish votes, at which time they are moved out.  If
that is wrong, then ignore me.  If that is right, then most of the
things in update-testing don't have publish votes, so it is a mute
point.

I do acknowledge that Jesse needs more help doing this.  But if the
packages never get the QA, it doesn't matter.

I also acknowledge that we can't just wait for Jesse to seek out people
to delegate to.  People have to actively solicit the position, and prove
themself worthy of the trust involved.  Until that happens, Jesse has
no one to delegate to.

--
Eric Rostetter