I want to help but....

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Thu Sep 9 18:25:05 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Rostetter" <rostetter at mail.utexas.edu>
To: <fedora-legacy-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: I want to help but....

> Quoting Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li>:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 10:06:00AM -0700, Eucke Warren wrote:
> > > Guys, I very much want to help but I need to better understand the
issues
> > involved with stress testing a package for review.  I have a number of
RH9
> > systems and some that can be used for package testing.  Is there a
structured
> > process tree for stress testing that is published somewhere that I might
> > review to help me understand what I would need to do?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The best place to start is
> > <http://www.fedoralegacy.org/wiki/index.php/QaTesting>; this describes
> > how to QA a package.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Dominic.
>
> That page is really aimed at QA testing before it hits updates-testing,
> and is over the head of most people who want to help. I'll create
> a new wiki page today that says the minimum steps needed to QA the stuff
> in updates-testing for those who want to help.  I'll report to the list
> with the url when it is ready.

That's what I am after Eric.  I'll admit that I am ignorant of much of what
needs to be done...but I can follow instructions and report my observations
if someone might be inclined to mentor me in what to look for and
where.....of course...if you guys rat me out for being ignorant...I'll deny
everything!  :-P

Thanks very much!

-Eucke