yum.conf for FC1 move

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Mon Sep 20 20:09:26 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and want to modify my existing yum.conf so that it
will be compatible with the Fedora Legacy addresses. I imagine the move
will be complete later on today or the next couple of days, and would
like to be sure I understand where the packages will be located.

Based on what I read at the legacy site, it looks like my yum.conf will
be in the form I'm pasted below. I've also listed mirrors that are
geographically close to me, if the fedoralegacy.org site isn't available.

Do have I have things set up properly here?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Clint

##################
## Basic Fedora ##
##################
[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever base
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch

http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch

ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/mirror/download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch

#  ftp://linux21.fnal.gov/linux/legacy/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch
#  http://mirror.datapipe.net/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch
#
ftp://mirrors.umbc.edu/pub/linux/fedora-legacy/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch

#
http://mirror3.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch

[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever updates
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/mirror/download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

#  ftp://linux21.fnal.gov/linux/legacy/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch
#
http://mirror.datapipe.net/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

#
ftp://mirrors.umbc.edu/pub/linux/fedora-legacy/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

#
http://mirror3.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

[legacy-utils]
name=Fedora Legacy utilities for Fedora Core $releasever
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch

http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch

ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/mirror/download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch
#
ftp://linux21.fnal.gov/linux/legacy/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch
#
http://mirror.datapipe.net/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch
#
ftp://mirrors.umbc.edu/pub/linux/fedora-legacy/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch
#
http://mirror3.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch