Need help with yum.conf for FC1

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Wed Sep 22 15:22:06 UTC 2004

I have tried modifying my yum.conf to work with the fedoralegacy.org
servers, by mimicing what I found at the site for RH versions. So the
relevant section of my yum.conf looks like:

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever base
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch

[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever updates
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

[legacy-utils]
name=Fedora Legacy utilities for Fedora Core $releasever
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch

(I've removed the mirrors that I have on my real yum.conf, but once I
figure this part out, I'll configure mirrors.)

When I run yum update, however, I get the following output:
# yum update
Server: Fedora Core 1 base
retrygrab() failed for:
   http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/os/i386/headers/header.info
   Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/os/i386/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

How should I correct this in my yum.conf?

Thanks,
Clint