md5sum for entire filesystem?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:50:58 UTC 2004

Is there a md5sum for all the files in the FC1 distribution?  I know
there's md5sums for the iso and rpm packages.  But, I'm looking for
md5sum for each of the files.

Is using md5sum even a good way to verify that system files haven't
been compromised?  I've tested md5sums from a two FC1 installs, and
they don't match.  And, I'm certain both of these boxes haven't been
compromised.

Thanks for any help.
--
Jiann-Ming Su