FC1 and SATA

lewis.jon at att.net lewis.jon at att.net
Thu Apr 7 16:50:47 UTC 2005

I am trying to install Fedora Core 1 but it does not recognize my SATA drives. Does it support SATA? I may have an old distribution, I got it from PlanetCCRMA's (Stanford Universities low-latency audio kernal) site. Could this be my problem? I do want to try to stick with core 1 because it seems to be the most stable with CCRMA. If need be, I could use an old IDE drive for the OS, but will FC1 be able to use the SATAs once it is installed and happy on an IDE drive?
Thanks,
Jon