so, we've got FC2 now...

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 22:42:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 06:34:27PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
 > > > Added.
 > > That was quick -- thanks!
 >
 > Hmm. For some reason, it didn't magically work though, and the version
 > number had to be reassigned when moving across products. I thought that
 > worked with my bugzilla. And all of the components got reset to 4Suite. Ah
 > well -- I cleaned up the mess. :)

btw, there's ~600 kernel bugs assigned to FC2 right now.
I've sent mail to dkl to ask him to perform some sql magic on the database
to make some changes en masse.

- A lot of them are very old, and a lot of them have been in NEEDINFO
  for _months_.  These are probably never going to see any responses
  again.
- Recently the FC2/FC3 kernels were very similar, so some bugs may
  still apply to FC3. For all those still open, I've asked they be
  transitioned to legacy bugs, with a comment added along the lines
  of "if this is still present in FC3, please clone this bug and
  adjust accordingly"

Right now FC3 is on 2.6.11, and FC2 is on 2.6.10.
I'm guessing you won't want to play the rebase-to-upstream game
with -legacy, so you'll be in for some backporting ahead.
The good news is the recent FC2 update I did fixes up all the
currently known security issues so you should be safe for a while.

When it comes to picking up your first bits for a kernel errata
feel free to ping me and if I'm not too busy (ha!) I'll try
to lend a hand / answer questions etc.  (At least whilst 2.6.10
is fresh in my head :)

		Dave