so, we've got FC2 now...

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Apr 12 20:21:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:43:06PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> The biggest problem with the severity field is that its user-visible.

I think user-visible is fine. It'd be nice if it weren't user-*changable*.

Also, it's hard for people to understand the distinction between priority
(that is, urgency) and severity (importance). Sometimes important things end
up needing to be lower priority, and that's not a slight against the bug
request.

Anyway, in this particular case, I figured it'd make triage a bit quicker,
since one can generally trust that "low" really means it.

[...]
> As it stands the field is pretty useless.

Making them settable only by the bug assignee or other privileged bugzilla
users is probably worthwhile. I think upstream bugzilla 2.18 actually has
this as an option already.