so, we've got FC2 now...

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Apr 13 03:38:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:54:04PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > I guess partly it depends on what exactly it means for a release to be
> > transferred to Fedora Legacy.
> Well, it's just that for some of the stuff I maintain, bugzilla.redhat.com
> is effectively the *upstream* bugzilla. Hence, I'm not sure blanket
> closing of them is the right thing to do in this case.

That's understandable, and I imagine it's also the case with some other RH
developers. For what it's worth, you've got 46 FC2 bugs assigned to you in
state NEW, mostly in initscripts and kudzu.

How about blanket NEEDINFOing them for a while? The idea is that things
which are legitimate issues would get moved to their proper place. It seems
like it might not be so bad to have all of these reviewed -- but I
understand not dumping it on you when it's not the best time. But then, when
*is* the best time? I would have preferred you guys to keep up FC2 support
for another year. :)