bugs per distro version?

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Wed Apr 13 23:54:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 07:52:59PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> In the future, I think it'd be nice if issues which affect multiple
> supported releases each got their own bug. This'd make it easier to track
> the various states of each without having the potential of a problem with a
> RHL7.3 update holding up a known-good FC2 one (or vice versa).

I've been thinking about this too. It would also mean we could sensibly
move to per-release advisories, which at the erratic QA rate would be a
good thing (no more being held up by the less popular release, etc etc).

Maybe it is best for the bug to not get split up/cloned until someone's
rolled some packages - so that the prep work of untangling patches and so
on can go on in a single place.

So a tentative nod from here.