Mirroring: Bad datestamps prevent hardlinking

William Stockall wstockal at compusmart.ab.ca
Fri Apr 15 22:14:22 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 22:55 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
>

> Running this command in dry-run mode indicates that it will have to re-
> download every file.  If I do this, all other mirrors will get hit with
> the re-download.  So then I ask again, do you have an rsync switch
> (other than a, I'm using a) that will only alter the timestamps rather
> than redownloading all the content?

Re-download or re-calculate check sums?  If the files are actually the
same except for the timestamp, all that should be downloaded by rsync is
the check sum.  Is that a problem by itself?  Plus, changing the
timestamp is likely to trigger a sync with the mirrors just the same as
actually changing the files.

			Will.