Mirroring: Bad datestamps prevent hardlinking

Chuck R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Apr 16 20:14:16 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 12:52:44PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Welp, I'll take community input on it.  Is there anybody (besides me) that
> wants to keep the superseeded updates on the mirror server?

I do.  Previous updates are valuable for QA.

I've brought this up a few times before.  Instead of making an attic/
directory to which old updates are moved (causing mirrors to
re-download them), how about making a latest/ directory that symlinks
or hardlinks to only the newest updates?  Then people who only want
the newest can sync against latest/.