automatic nightly updates

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Apr 25 20:11:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 16:07 -0400, Joe Harrington wrote:
> My point is simple: since auto update is very common and a good idea
> for many people, FLP should document the practice and gear its
> services to it.  It means a little more care in putting the updates
> together, but not much, and certainly not more care than you are
> already taking.  Gearing toward auto updates will not hurt manual
> updaters at all.

We will NOT make it the practice and gear our services toward it.  We
will inform people how they can ENABLE autoupdate, with the caviat that
we do not recommend it unless you are very clear on the risks involved
and are willing to accept them.  I will not accept risks FOR a user,
that is up to the user to decide.  Opt-in rather than opt-out.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: