FC2 transition progress update

David Eisner cradle at umd.edu
Wed Apr 27 21:29:50 UTC 2005

Eric Rostetter wrote:

>I've updated the FC2 blurb on the main page, and released all FC info
>on the web site.  Comments, suggestions, fixes, submissions, etc. all
>welcome.

A few minor nits:

---snip---
At this time, we are only focusing on the i386 support. x86_64 support
is not currently being supported. If we have sufficient community
interest in the x86_64 support, and can build the needed infrastructure
to build and test x86_64 packages, then support for them will be added.
---snip---

I would change this to:  "At this time, we are focusing on providing
i386 support. The x86_64 architecture is not currently supported. If
there is sufficient community interest in supporting x86_64, and if the
necessary build and test infrastructure can be assembled, then support
for this architecture will be added."

---snip---
Initial FC2 documentation and information is now being released to the
web site.
---snip---

I would change this to: "Initial FC2 documentation and information are
now being released to the web site."

-David