Pulling updates for FC2

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Aug 1 22:56:05 UTC 2005

--On Monday, August 01, 2005 3:26 PM -0500 Mike McCarty
<mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I followed (I thought) the instructions for making my FC2 machine
> pull from legacy, but I'm not getting any updates yet. I thought
> that I'd seem some notices go by. Is it just that the updates have
> been to packages I don't have installed?

I have this stanza in my /etc/yum.conf:

[legacy-utils]
gpgcheck=1
name=Fedora Legacy utilities for Fedora Core $releasever
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch

On another server I've got a newer yum installed that uses per-repo files
in /etc/yum.repos.d and that one just finished pulling a big PHP update
from Legacy that appeared I think Friday.