metadata for legacy repositories

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Aug 2 20:56:41 UTC 2005

Jesse, there was a thread last month regarding the creation of the
new metadata for the legacy repositories; but I don't think anything
ever came of it.  See:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-list/2005-July/
msg00042.html

I have mock working with rh73, rh9, fc1 & fc2, and I was thinking of
writing some documentation on the wiki for it, however it requires
the use of the newer metadata, so I wasn't sure if I would just be
confusing people if the repositories don't actually have the
metadata.  I would guess that most people using mock would have local
mirrors anyway, but it makes a lot more sense if the main download
site had the information.

Is this just a lack of time thing, or are there some technical issues
that need to be worked out?  If it's the latter, I would be glad to
help (and I'm sure others would as well).

Thanks,
Jeff