metadata for legacy repositories

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Aug 2 21:37:00 UTC 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 2:05 PM, seth vidal wrote:

> really?
Yes! :)

> Feel like maybe commenting on this a bit further?
Sure - but honestly I didn't do too much.  I get the feeling you
weren't expecting it to work?  Basically I re-used the buildroots.xml
from fc3 for all of them and it seems to work fine.  After running
creatrepo in the appropriate places in the repositories, it was just
a matter of pointing the configs to the right place.  For FC2 and
lower I needed to change the mock config from:
config_opts['runuser'] = '/sbin/runuser'
config_opts['runuser'] = '/bin/su'

To get the dist tags working (buildsys-macros), I needed to use /etc/
rpm/macros instead of /etc/rpm/macros.disttag.  I'm guessing that the
older versions of rpmbuild only looked at '/etc/rpm/macros', but I
haven't confirmed this yet.

By the way, the host machine is FC4.
> Have you tested the
> results?

So far everything seems to work.  I've tested out cfengine and a
couple other packages.  I'll put up my configs somewhere and write up
a wiki page with the step-by-step details.

-Jeff