Updates for FC1

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Fri Aug 5 16:52:23 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:

|On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 11:55 -0400, James Kosin wrote:
|
|>REMEBER, my updates are NOT SUPPORTED BY REDHAT or FEDORA CORE.
|>If you have problems please kindly email me.
|>

|Nor are they supported by Fedora Legacy.  I'm somewhat turning a blind
|eye to you posting updates here, but please make it a bit more verbose
|that these are _not_ Fedora Legacy updates, these are your packages for
|older releases and nothing more.

Ok,  I'm flexible on this issue.  I've just never found how to supply
people with patches to the latest and greatest without updating to FC4
or FC5.
Since my server is stuck at FC1 for the moment due to hardware issues
if I upgrade, I've had to roll a few packages myself.  I've gotten
quite good at it; though I'm not sure I'm ready yet for the BIG time.

I would like to contribute .... and my posts are always small
anouncements.

If you rather I don't post them here; I can also do that.  But, many
people may find my packages useful.

I'm also not as big as DAG or some of the others.  Just one person.

I've worked hard on these updates...  although they may not be needed,
I still like to offer them to the comunity.

Is anyone interested in my updates?  Supported or not?

Sorry, I don't expect anyone to care.... I like the free feal of Linux
and have supported it for many years.  I've grown to like the
features, extras, etc you can get for free or very little cost
compared to some other companies.
I've only gotten into updating the RPM packages, since many packages
come out with newer versions; which in most cases are compatible with
FC1...  But most, don't offer the packages for FC or only provide
generic packages.
I've only been taking the original FC1 RPMs and repackaging them for
the new or updated versions.  Some of which add new features, support
and other functions not applicable to urgent security concerns.

Maybe, I'm doing this for the wrong reasons....  freely distributing
what I can do and my time.

I'll try to remember and add them to my next updates, if they become
available.

James