Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: rp-pppoe

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Sat Aug 27 13:14:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 08:49 +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
>   1) officially forgetting the update, removing it from
>      updates-testing, and from the issue lists
>   2) specially marking "QA still needed but these are very low
>      priority" updates, or
>   3) just releasing them with lower amount of QA or no QA at all after
>      some timeout (e.g., 6 weeks) and revising if someone complains it
>      doesn't work right.

I vote to just release them after a long timeout period. If there are
any issues, we can quickly fix them afterwards. We most often use
patches that came from upstream or from another distro anyway, so most
of them have already gone through QA.

It just doesn't make sense to have stuff in the updates-testing
directory for ever.

> I don't have strong preference here, but I think 3) would probably be
> best.  If no-one wants to do (official) QA, we could just release the
> update if it looks trivial, and fix it later if something is reported
> to break.

I think that is a good idea.

Marc.