Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: rp-pppoe

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Aug 28 06:06:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Saturday, August 27, 2005 10:46 PM -0600 William Stockall
> <wstockal at compusmart.ab.ca> wrote:
>
>> If people were actually running the untested packages, wouldn't the then
>> be tested packages and wouldn't people then not be asking these questions?
>
> Anyone have an RPM command to report what packages one has installed that
> come from updates-testing? I could then add it to a cron job to nag me, go
> submit a verify for those I actually use, and perhaps remove the ones I'm not
> using (which would then not be verified by me) to get rid of the nag.

Here's a very simple script for you which prints out if you have
installed package versions which exist in fedora legacy.  Note that
I'm making a shortcut/assumption here by assuming that for
foo.src.rpm, there will be foo.i386.rpm which would be installed.
So, it's not bulletproof but might be "good enough".