ssh question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 12 02:20:30 UTC 2005

How can I make the ssh thats installed on my FC2 system, be compatible
with the ssh thats installed on a specialty release (BDI-4.30) thats
debian/morphix based running a 2.6.12-rtai kernel?

The version numbers are totally different, as if the two copies of
OpenSSH branched in 1994 or something.

One accepts the ssh -Y syntax, the other rejects it, one accepts the
ssh -X syntax while the other rejects it, hence the X services cannot
be exported one to the other in either direction.

Its a secure local network with a tight firewall between all these
machines here, and the router to the internet.  My logs are clean of
any attempts to access from the outside and have been that way for
over a year now.

What would be the recommended fix for this?

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this