What do users need to do to prepare?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 16 17:42:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 08:42 -0500, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as an admin of a few FC3 boxes, what do I need to do to prepare for the
> transition? change yum.conf? add gpg keys?
>
> Can I set it up now or do I need to wait?
>
> I'd like to set it up now.

Actually what would be best is if the Legacy group prepares a
fedora-legacy-release package that drops a yum.repo file
in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and most likely enables it.  There was a lot of
discussion about this earlier, I don't recall if I ever saw a package.
The directory structure is present on the mirrors so now would be a good
time to test that package.  If we get the package created and tested, we
can link to this package in the mail that goes out from the Fedora
Project regarding the transition, making it easy for folks to come
aboard.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: