LWN article about us

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Fri Feb 4 01:01:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> One issue raised here is whether we should be dropping support for 7.3
> by now. Documentated end of support for 7.3 according to
> <http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/faq.php> is the middle of this year
> (ie 1.5 years after Red Hat EOL). I would say that we should drop it no
> later than the introduction of FC2 support in March, though, because
> three distros is already fairly unmanagable. I'd be happy to drop it
> earlier, though.

 RedHat 7.3 is the only "real" server distro fedoralegacy currently
supports. All others are meant to be more desktop machines than 7.3. I'd
say to drop fedora 1 if things are tight in resources. You don't really
need so much time to upgrade your personal desktop and if you have fedora
1 as a server then you must _really_ know what you 're doing and you
should be alright left alone :>
 Of course it all depends on what the people that actually do work for
fedora legacy use. Are there any delays on getting packages ready for 7.3?
Is rh 7.3 slowing things down?