LWN article about us

Norman Gaywood norm at turing.une.edu.au
Fri Feb 4 01:19:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 03:01:57AM +0200, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
>  RedHat 7.3 is the only "real" server distro fedoralegacy currently
> supports. All others are meant to be more desktop machines than 7.3. I'd
> say to drop fedora 1 if things are tight in resources. You don't really
> need so much time to upgrade your personal desktop and if you have fedora
> 1 as a server then you must _really_ know what you 're doing and you
> should be alright left alone :>

FC1 is a great server distro. I'm using it many places. I would have
thought you needed more know-how to stay with 7.3.

I really value and appreciate the efforts of fedora-legacy to keep FC1
secure. It will be at least another year for me before I can drop FC1
and move on to 2.6 kernels.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm at turing.une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312