LWN article about us

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 4 02:59:30 UTC 2005

Quoting Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li>:

> One issue raised here is whether we should be dropping support for 7.3
> by now.

No.

> Documentated end of support for 7.3 according to
> <http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/faq.php> is the middle of this year
> (ie 1.5 years after Red Hat EOL).

It says no such thing.  It says rather:

We are currently supporting Red Hat Linux 7.3 and 9 as these have reached their
End-of-Life (EOL). We will provide support for these Red Hat releases for as
long as there is community interest.

The above has always been the point of FL.

> I would say that we should drop it no
> later than the introduction of FC2 support in March, though, because
> three distros is already fairly unmanagable. I'd be happy to drop it
> earlier, though.

It would spell the death of FL, both as it was it was designed, and in
more practical terms in the amount of support and *trust* the project
would get.

> Thoughts?

You misrepresented the FAQ and the goal of FL.  7.3 should stay as long
as the is community support.

--
Eric Rostetter