LWN article about us

Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr. diogenes at xenodochy.org
Fri Feb 4 03:50:49 UTC 2005

On Thu,  3 Feb 2005 21:04:09 -0600, Eric Rostetter
<rostetter at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Quoting Rob Myers <rob.myers at gtri.gatech.edu>:
>
>> if there are people willing to do 7.3 patches i don't see the need to
>> drop it.  if people are willing to actively support any EOL'd RedHat
>> release they should be able to do that via Fedora Legacy.
>
> We have a set policy on this.  RHL versions for as long as there is
> community support, and FC on a 1-2-3 and out policy.
>
>> the important point is that versions that do not have as much interest
>> should not slow down updates for versions that have more interest.  in
>
> This is correct.  If they are slowing things down, then they basically
> lack community interest and can be dropped, as we did with 7.2 and 8.

I hope RH9 won't be dropped for quite a while.  Unfortunately, I'm still a
relative beginner, and just a user who is dependent on your gracious
continued support.  Please be aware that your efforts are appreciated!
Thanks for being there.

--
Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ralph.html

Home pages:
http://www.xenodochy.org
http://www.ballroomdances.org
FIGHT SPAM http://www.xenodochy.org/diogenes/antispam.html
(If you are thinking about collecting my email address, read the above
page first!)
Keep our semantic environments and cyberspace clean.
Always report errors discovered while surfing the web.
My favorite saying (from general semantics):
It's not that seeing is believing, believing is seeing,
and we're much better at believing than we are at seeing.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/quotes/santayana.html