LWN article about us

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 08:01:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 20:14 -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:

> I use rh73 as a desktop, but I don't use gnome -- only xfree and
> afterstep.

I would rather spend time working with you to help you migrate to a
better version of Linux and a better version of afterstep, then to spend
time trying to support afterstep just for a few.  Teach a man to
fish....

> I use it to compile compatibility binaries for glibc2.2
> systems.

I do similar.  I use Debian Testing as my primary OS, then I run VMWare
w/ 2 different RH73 systems.  One for testing/compiling, one for a clean
near mirror of 2 public hosts.  This way I enjoy the latest features of
Linux 2.6 and X but I am not limiting myself to a least common
denominator for daily/weekly tasks.

-Jim P.