"[FLSA-2005:2252] Updated iptables packages resolve security issues" introduces new bug

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Feb 20 20:34:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

> If people were loading the modules manually before the init script came
> up, the update essentially broke their firewall.

They should have used IPTABLES_MODULES. Even 7.3 has got it.
I'd call their setup broken.

Perhaps we could change the script to warn the user when it sees it is
going to unload some modules that won't be reloaded later because they are
missing in IPTABLES_MODULES.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."